Saturday, April 21, 2012

Some Where over the Rainbow

So this time we're in a place called Rainbow Springs. Before we actually got set up on our site we went into the camp store. I got a t-shirt with advice from a "woodland" on it. When we actually got to the site Mom let Camden, Lauryl, and I play shuffle board while they unpacked. We had fun, but Camden kicked Lauryl and my butt. He never technically won though because we all quiet when we heard something moving in the woods. No, it wasn't a squirrel, but I don't know what it was. We then came back and Mom and Dad were done unpacking so we walked down to the springs. The water was even clearer then the Keys. It was so clear you could see straight to the bottom even though it was only three foot deep. Lauryl and I swam while Camden snorkeled. After that, we went grocery shopping; how fun. Once we were done we went home and watched "Survivor". 

The next day we went down to the headspring part of the park. The water was just as clear. We actually swam! The water was freezing! Apparently it stays 72 degrees all the time; Brrrr! We all went snorkeling and it was awesome. I spotted a catfish, several big bass, and a turtle that swam five feet away from us. It was great.

After swimming, we went for a walk on these stone paths. We saw several man-made water falls and we even saw a snake. It was all very amazing. 



We got hot from hiking around so we went swimming again before we left. When then went grocery shopping again. This time we went to Wal-Mart and I got to pick out my birthday cake since my 12th birthday is on Friday. We decided to use an angel food  cake and we bought strawberries, cool whip, and frosting. Then when we came back and Mom and I made a Key Lime pie. It was easier then I thought. Just 4 steps. Today's been so much fun. Dads going to make chicken legs over an open fire for dinner. Hope they taste great..bye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment