Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Lovin Sebastian Inlet

my flounder
Hi this is Camden!  I wanted to tell you about my time here at Sebastian Inlet.  We have been doing a lot of fishing and we've caught several fish.  I caught a snapper, a flounder, another little flounder, a red drum but we couldn't keep him, a sea trout, and a bunch of little sea robins. 

We got up early to fish off the pier and caught something with the first cast!  We fished for a few hours and then came back and had breakfast.  Mom made us sausage gravy!  Dad did some work and we got some things done at the camper and then we went back to the bait shop to stock up.

We came back to the park and visited the Fishing Museum.  There was this nice guy there that showed us around and taught us the history of the inlet.  He was funny!  After that we went back up to the beach.  I went fishing from the pier again and my mom and sisters went on the beach and in the ocean.

see the manatee below
There were 4 manatee all around the pier.  My sisters got on their snorkeling gear and got close to one of the manatee.  They said it was too cloudy to see anything though.
 
I fished a lot.  I even forgot to eat lunch!  Mom made me eat a sandwich later in the day.  After I ate, I got my snorkeling gear on.  I saw a flounder under water and I found some cool shells.  I swam really fast.  I also saw a seahorse.  It was a good day. Then we came home and dad made dinner.  We had all the fish we caught and they were delicious!

catching bait with dad
the wood stork
At sunset we did more fishing but this time we went to the inlet.  I saw a starfish and some cool birds.  One kind was a wood stork.  One of the wood stork tried to eat our shrimp bait.  We didn't catch anything but the guy next to us pulled in a huge flounder.  It was an awesome day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment