Monday, April 2, 2012

Florida fishin

Hi, this is Grace again. We're down at Sebastian Inlet, Florida and it is awesome!!! Yesterday, we drove most of the day from Georgia. We got to meet up with Grandmom and Granddad for breakfast at a Waffle House. They were leaving Florida as we were entering the state.  I must say the Waffle House has the best breakfast ever and they're cheap. 

When we got to Florida we set up our camper. It's getting easier and faster since we know what we're doing now.  As soon as we were done it began to rain.  Boo hoo! Nice thing about an island is the rain  was over soon. Once it cleared up, went down to the beach and hardly anyone else was there.  Lauryl and I played in the water but didn't get too wet. After, we all came home, relaxed, and fell asleep. 

When we woke up, or may I say when I woke up (I slept in a little bit late) we went fishing on a pier. We only caught a few and none of them were keepers. We saw a sea turtle.  He was bigger than we're used to in Pennsylvania but I'm sure he was smaller than other ones. We also saw a manatee and he swam right up to the pier and Lauryl totally freaked since she wrote a paper on manatee's. 

Later, we walked down to the beach. We all snorkeled and my dad fished a little. Snorkeling was so great! I saw a whole bunch of cool shells and some little fish.

Eventually, we went back to the camper because the sun was too high and we didn't want to get burned.  Also, we were all hungry.  Dad made us bacon and egg sandwiches and then we went shopping. I was so excited because we found a small fruit market. We got peaches, grapes, pears, strawberries I could go on forever. It was so awesome!!!!  Than we went to Publix. My mom was pretty impressed they didn't have the reward cards hubba-bulluba and she liked how helpful everyone was. Definitely loving the southern personality. Then dad dropped Lauryl, my mom, and I off at a tidal pool. Lauryl and I went snorkeling and it was really cool if you swam near this isle of rocks. There were small minnows, rock fish, sheeps head, and some other fish I can't identify. If you crossed over the rocks there was an inlet. We saw a single dolphin messing around there. It was pretty cool. 
 

Dad picked us up and we went fishing again but still didn't catch anything. We all came home and dad and Camden left right after for a walk. While they were walking we were terrorized by a raccoon! It kept stealing our dogs food and we were too scared to scare it off. When Dad and Camden came back they had several mullet with them. I guess they had good luck with the cast net.  Overall, Florida's been pretty awesome. Can't wait for the rest of the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment