Saturday, August 4, 2012

World Records and Goats on the Roof


Hello it's Grace. So after our hike on the Gorge floor we decided to checkout the area a little more. We stopped into the information center again and looked at there historical section. One of the most interesting things was about this guy the great Wallendo. He held the world record for walking across the gorge on a high wire.  He did it in twenty minutes with two headstands along the way. It was even crazier because they showed part of the rope he walked on and it was only two inches in diameter. It was crazy!

Afterwards we went to this place known as Goats on the Roof. It was pretty cheesy, but I enjoy that every once in a while. There were goats on the roof of course and some cheesy shirts. One I thought my mom should have bought because it said I married an old goat. Afterwards we went for a history lesson and saw this small piece of an old rail track. It was pretty steep even just sitting there. I can't believe people actually rode them. It was a pretty cool day and I had a ton of fun.


1 comment: