Monday, November 26, 2012

Turkey Day and then some!

We spent Thanksgiving with my family at my aunt and uncle's home in Virginia.  It was about an 8 hour drive which we broke up by staying in a hotel for the night.  Dinner was amazing!!!!  I love how food and family bring out some of the fondest memories of my childhood.  I miss my Mamaw and Pap Pap so very much, but I must say that it almost feels like they're there with us when we enjoy the Thanksgiving feast as they would have prepared it.  It's a great time to reminisce while still creating new moments to laugh about later. 

After filling up on turkey, stuffing, mash potatoes, and side dishes,  I got to enjoy the deliciously sweet confection of my aunts amazing pecan pie.  There is truly nothing like it!  So yes, healthy eating was set aside for a time, but it was truly worth the indulgence.

We left Virginia late evening and made our way back to Pennsylvania.  Exhausted and satisfied, we slept peacefully in our tiny hotel room.  The next several days were devoted to packing up some our belongings while donating and trashing others.  We are not moving everything down to Brevard this trip, but we did get a lot accomplished.  We have one more day in York and then it's back on the road for the Meile bunch.  Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment