Monday, March 26, 2012

Day at the Beach

Hi, this is Grace. Yesterday was so much fun! We are in Myrtle Beach and it was a really nice day. It wasn't crowded which was very different from what I'm used to at Ocean City, MD. There were several other differences too. The waves are smaller and more gradual here. The sand doesn't just drop off, but  instead it gently slopes down to the water. Plus, everything is really close!  The beach is within walking distance of our camp site and the pier is a short walk down the beach. There is even a store on the pier! It was very nice to be able to walk everywhere. 





What I can't believe is I went swimming in March! The water was cold, but not unbearable. After a little while we walked up to the pier. There was a store you had to go through before you could get to the pier and I bought a hat. They even sold ice cream! The pier was really awesome. I loved watching the waves roll in. We saw a couple jellyfish in the water and they were real nasty looking. We also saw a bird that kept diving into the ocean. 

When we left the pier, we stayed at the beach a little longer before heading back to the camper. My dad made us bacon and eggs on the grill for lunch. Yummy! We were going to take a bike ride, but before we did we saw these ginormous lizards. They were 6-8 inches long! At first we thought they were snakes until we saw the legs. 

Later, we went on a bike ride. There were so many flowers growing. There were white ones that looked like lily's, orange ones that I really liked, and bright purple ones. We even rode our bikes on the bike path next to the highway and we made it to some shops. 


When we got back we got back,  Dad and Camden went fishing while my mom, Lauryl, and I went back to the beach. This time I just dug holes since it was colder outside. Camden and dad didn't catch any fish so we went home. We took a drive around town and we saw the boardwalk. We really didn't want to walk along it because it looked like every other boardwalk we've been to so we came home. The day was so much fun! I love Myrtle Beach and can't wait for tomorrow's adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment