Tuesday, January 17, 2012

FIRST NIGHTS

We spent our first two nights in the camper as a trial run.  Our first night was the coldest of the year so far.  I think it got down to about 12 degrees.  All was well until the first propane tank ran out.  Besides needing to get up and switch tanks during the night, it wasn't a big deal.  I think I was the only one who really noticed.  I hate being cold!  This was one of the many lessons I'm sure we'll learn along the way.  

Our second night was much more comfortable.  It wasn't as cold outside and the camper maintained a pretty consistent temperature.  I'm glad we're going to have some time over the next several weeks to figure all this stuff out before we hit the road.  I think it will make our overall travel experience much more enjoyable.

I did some grocery shopping yesterday and was able to stock our pantry and refrigerator.  Surprisingly I have a good deal of space for food.  I bought a coffee maker and toaster too!  It was so nice to have a cup of coffee this morning and sit and watch the news in my cozy space.

No comments:

Post a Comment